Happy Camp is now offering you the chance to insure your holiday at special prices.
Our partner ERGO Assicurazione Viaggi offers you a Stornohotel insurance cover against the risk of holiday cancelling or interruption!
This policy allows you to cancel your stay and receive a refund of the booking deposit and/or penalties due for serious and documented reasons, as well as a refund of the pro-rata amount of the unused days of stay in the event of an interruption of your holiday.
It can also be used in the event of a COVID-19 positive test or quarantine; in such cases:
- if you are unable to leave for your holiday because you and/or a travelling companion are subject to mandatory selfquarantine prior to arrival at the campsite;
- if you cannot leave for your holiday because prior to your arrival at the campsite you and/or a travelling companion have/has tested positive for Covid19 (either with or without symptoms);
- if on your arrival at the campsite prior to checkin you and/or a travelling companion have a body temperature of more than 37.5°C (99.5°F) and are therefore not allowed to enter despite having a negative swab test;
- if you are unable to leave for your holiday because prior to arrival at the campsite one of your family members/travel companions, whose name(s) is/are expressly stated in the policy, has tested positive for Covid19 and therefore needs assistance.
Please follow the following procedure to activate your STORNOHOTEL policy:
- Click on the link GO TO POLICY
- Fill in all the fields with your holiday details – remember to enter all the people who will be travelling with you – and quote the TOTAL amount of your holiday (not just the upfront booking deposit).
- Click on the CALCULATE button: the cost of your travel insurance (4.8%) will be displayed and you may then proceed to purchase the service.
|TIME LIMIT TO APPLY
|Within 48 hours of paying the upfront booking deposit
|From midnight on the day of payment of the policy
|4.8% of the total stay.
|INSURED EVENTS FOR HOLIDAY CANCELLATION
|See the list of insured events in the General Policy Terms and Conditions
|EVENTI ASSICURATI PER INTERRUZIONE VIAGGIO
|See the list the list of insured events in the General Policy Terms and Conditions. Unused days (excluding the day of check-in) are refunded on a pro-rata basis.
|OBLIGATIONS OF THE INSURED PARTY
|On the occurrence of the event that causes the cancellation or interruption of the holiday, the insured party is required to:
- in the event of cancellation, cancel the booked holiday as soon as possible, in order to minimise the cancellation fees, and contact ERGO ASSICURAZIONE VIAGGI within 48 hours by calling the Claims Call Centre on +39 02 0062 0261, option 3 (opening hours Mon-Fri: 9am-8pm; Saturday: 9am-2pm);
- in case of holiday interruption: report the claim to ERGO ASSICURAZIONE VIAGGI within 48 hours from the event by contacting the Claims Call Centre at +39 02 0062 0261, option 3 (opening hours Mon-Fri: 9am-8pm; Saturday: 9am-2pm).
|In the event of a claim, a 10% deductible from the indemnity amount shall apply, except in the event of death and hospitalisation for more than 3 days.
You will have to take out a policy for each mobile home you book, even if you make only one booking.
For further information and questions, please contact the ERGO call centre on: +39 02 006 212 16 or download the information pdf.
Taking out an insurance with our partner ERGO Assicurazione Viaggi is the only way to be able to request a refund in case of cancellation of your stay as Happy Camp is not responsible for any problems, claims, etc. if no policy has been taken out with ERGO Travel Insurance.
The contractual terms and conditions stated in the Happy Camp catalogue and accepted at the time of payment of the deposit shall apply in any case: https://www.happycamp.com/en/terms-and-conditions
When do I have to take out the policy?
The policy can only be taken out within 48 hours of payment of the upfront booking deposit for your holiday. N.B.: the policy needs to be taken out for the full amount of your holiday and not just the deposit!
The Codiv-19 insurance policy will cover you…
- If, before arriving at the campsite for your stay, you are unable to travel because you and/or a travelling companion are subject to mandatory selfquarantine; please note, however, that the insurance policy does not cover you if you are subject to mandatory self-quarantine during your stay.
- If, before arriving at the campsite for your stay, you are unable to travel because you and/or a travelling companion have been tested positive of Covid19 (symptoms); please note, however, that the insurance policy does not cover you if you fall ill during your stay.
- If on arrival at the campsite before checkin you and/or a travelling companion have a body temperature of more than 37.5 degrees and are therefore not allowed to enter despite having a negative swab test;
- If, before arriving at the campsite for your stay, you are unable to travel because a family member/travel companion of yours, whose name(s) is/are expressly stated in the policy, has tested positive for Covid19 and therefore requires assistance.
Does the policy cover if the insured party or a travelling companion is subject to mandatory quarantine?
Yes, but only if the quarantine obligation began before you checked in at the campsite. Please note: the policy does not cover you if you are subject to mandatory self-quarantine during your stay or if you fall ill during your stay.
Who can take out this policy?
Individuals who are part of the group of people described in the travel document. They shall be residents of the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Once I have taken out the insurance policy, can I change the names of travellers and/or add new ones?
No, the insurance policy is only valid for the natural persons named at the time of taking out the policy.
After taking out the insurance policy, can I change the date of my stay?
No, the insurance policy is only valid for the date of stay indicated when it is taken out.
After taking out the insurance policy, can I change the destination?
Yes, you can change the destination of your stay, as indicated on the policy, on the following terms:
- The stay should still be booked with Happy Camp;
- If the new destination is more expensive, a supplementary policy for the difference should be taken out within 48 hours of the change of stay;
- Please note: If the new destination is less expensive than the one indicated at the time of booking, there is no refund of the premium paid.
Is there an age limit for taking out the ERGO insurance policy?
Yes, there is. The policy cannot be taken out by persons who are 90 years of age or older at the time the policy is issued.
Is there a limit to the length of stay?
Yes, the maximum length of stay is 30 days